Zonked Yak
YAKNESS

I'm The Yak

I, unlike cows, GRUNT, rather than MOO

Yaks have horns, and long shaggy hair. "The word Yak is also used to describe an irritating or disagreeable individual" - Wikipedia


Mail me



COMPETITION!


WIN a case of beer!
HUNT FOR OTHER YAK


GREATEST HITS



LAST POSTS

  • Sharing the happy - Part 1a - Advertising
  • Yakkidy yak


  • OLDER YAK

  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006


  • SIMPLE YAK

    atom feed
    [What are thees?]
    Welcome to Zonked Yak where yak is, well, generally zonked. Oh, move your cursor over my balls to make cyber yaklings

    « Home | Sharing the happy - Part 1a - Advertising » | Yakkidy yak »

    The Lonely Planet thinks we're all on drugs


    The yak is a fan of lonely planet guidebooks. More so of their phrasebooks. They can literally help you have an entire conversation with a weird painted tribesman verbatim from the book. Sometimes, however, I'm amazed at some of the phrases they think we're likely to want to use. These are some of my favourites:

    Hindi:

    Is there compulsory voting here?
    Kya: sabhi: logõ ko vot dena: parta: hai?

    I believe in destiny/fate.
    Mai~ bha:gyava:di: hu:~.

    Then our faithful guides hit a bong or two, and return with these choice phrases in Vietnamese:

    What is your monthly salary?
    wôl-gûp-i ôl-ma-im-ni-kka?

    Who lived here?
    nu-ga sal-ass-jûm-ni-kka?

    And of course, every steroid/heroin/crack junkie's favourite phrase, particularly handy:

    Indonesian:

    I have my own syringe.
    Saya punya suntikan saya sendiri.

    What more can I say. Geniet die dag, jou ma naai vir viskoppe.


    Posted by the yak on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 at 3:46 AM | Permalink | Comments

    Ha! 'I have my own syringe'!? Well, actually I do, but that isn't the point. Interestingly, one of the few phrases I remember from high school French is 'May I please sharpen my pencil?' Yep, that got me far in the world, let me tell ya'.

    As soon as I found this web site I went on reddit to share some of the love with them. Important and famous people from throughout history born on this day. Search thousands of historical, noteworthy and Celebrity birthdays in our archives.

    Post a Comment
    >>>